Every AngleThe missing piece in your IT landscape
It's the very first time I've seen an ICT project that was on time, on budget and delivered more than I expected.Fred Holvast, Logistics Director
Every Angle in the SAP LandscapeEvery Angle is a plug and play SAP Certified application that enables business users and consultants to create operational reports, based on SAP data, in seconds. It is automatically aligned with their SAP business processes and up and running within 24 hours. Every Angle contains rich out-of-the-box content including business logic and advanced analytics:
- Standard for SAP ERP (SD, MM, PP, PM, QM, WM, PS, FI, CO and HR)
- Optional content for specific SAP Industry Solutions (e.g. IS-Retail and AFS)
- Complimentarily content for other SAP systems (SRM, CRM, SCM, GTS, EWM and GRC).
In this vision, Every Angle shows the current content of a SAP system in snapshot form. During a data extraction, the data that had been previously extracted is deleted. Thus, Every Angle is NOT a data warehouse and does not replace a data warehouse or other BI-systems. In fact, Every Angle can feed the data warehouse.
Every Angle supports a company (both the business, management, SAP consultants and IT professionals) or the service providers, in order to provide instant visibility on operational processes based on the master data, transactional data and related customizing.
This way, Every Angle replaces the never-ending need for Z-reports, queries and downloads. It prevents people from spending valuable time on building their own reports in Excel and Access, based on “risky and insecure” data extracts from SAP (i.e. SE16).
For IT, Every Angle provides the following benefits:
- Eliminates the “jungle” of Excel reports and re-establishes control
- Creates a self-service environment for users and reduces the backlog of requests to IT
- Reduces the ABAP/4 and BI development effort and associated costs
- Applies the right solution for the specific information need
- Plug and play installation, low TCO and immediate business value
Every Angle PlatformThe Every Angle platform consists of three components, as the picture highlights below, namely:
- The Every Angle Business Suite Extractor
- The Every Angle (Model) Server
- The Every Angle Output Alternatives
The Every Angle ExtractorThe Every Angle Extractor takes either a full or delta (configurable) extraction from the relevant SAP tables. The content of the extraction is based on the business applications that the customer has licensed as well as the modules that have been activated. This extraction process can be done weekly, daily or multiple times per day. This extraction process has no impact on the SAP system performance and does not interfere with other processing that takes place. The extractor automatically interprets the master and transaction data, the SAP data dictionary and takes into account the customizing settings. The general rule/estimate is that the Every Angle extractor is between 3 and 5% of the size of the SAP database.
The Every Angle ServerUpon receiving the newly extracted data, Every Angle rebuilds the model (‘’Refresh’’). Every Angle uses configuration files outside the source code to build this model, which allows for a very rapid addition of Z-tables or Z-fields.
The Every Angle Output AlternativesIn the current architecture, the Every Angle Client is still a fat client, but will be replaced in the new architecture by a browser-based client that can be run on Tablets and Desktops.
- Every Angle Power/Viewing User Client